I would like to suggest a new port. Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Halifax is a main port from North America to Europe.
- Is Canada's main military port.
- Was the location of the largest non nuclear explosion during WWI. A collision between the ships Imo and the Mont Blanc.
- It was the staging area for convoys moving supplies from NA to Europe. These convoys were protected by Flower class corvettes. The last remaining one (HMCS Sackville) is on display in Halifax.
- Canada's only aircraft carrier (HMCS Bonaventure) home port was Halifax.
- The first hydroplan military ship (HMCS Bras d'Or) was built and tested in Halifax.
- Samuel Cunard who founded the Canard Steamship Line was born in Halifax. Some of the most famous ships that he built were Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth, Britannic, Queen Elizabeth 2.
- It is one of the deepest natural harbours in the world.
- The Bluenose (Level 1 - San Francisco) became famous by racing and winning in Halifax Harbour. There is now a replica (Bluenose II).
- There is a large amount of container ships loading and offloading.
- There is an auto port for transportation of cars in and out of NA.
- The majority of lobsters are shipped out of Halifax.
- Michelin has a tire plant in Nova Scotia. They plan to use the NEOLINER to stop in Halifax. The NEOLINER is a sail powered container ship.
- The Halifax/Dartmouth ferry is the oldest continuous running saltwater ferry system in North America.
I think Halifax would be a great addition to the ports.