When an winter or summer event is coming i take the following stradegy .
- make sure you have enough enery stored, so don't use it on the normal tasks
- look in the events mines for the shortest route to get the building bloxs. leave erverytihng else out. The repeatable mines (which are important) onlu open one in a time
- clear the repeatables as often as you can
- when time permites only go for the material boxes in the event mines and in the building
- try to level up with caravan or pillars on the last day
- If a event or builder mine isn't cleared no problem. The Xp isn't that great
- if time and energy permites and you van't get enough special blocks to do something useful clear a mine
- resume to normal buisiness
I spend more than 1M surplus energy to finish the event mines and most time only clear the repeatables. They give coins for bloxs gives the most extra for the further game. Every toolbox opened is something extra, but clearing a mine hardly.