You know that broken ad that's just a blank black screen with a mute button at top left (but no audio to mute), a circled 15 at bottom left, and "install now" at bottom right, that never exits and ignores the device "back" button?
Well, this time it cost ne a quarter million XP that I am quite certain I did not deserve to lose.
You will immediately:
- Remove that ad from the rotation.
- Credit my account with 250,000 XP.
- Apologize to me here, in public, for the unconscionable way I was just treated.
- Begin an investigation to determine if any other users suffered significant losses due to this ad, and if so, likewise make them whole and apologize to them publicly.
- Institute a testing and filtering regime to vet all new advertisements. Nothing like this is ever to happen again.
Furthermore, over the longer term you will:
- Develop and test an override within the Diggy app that auto-aborts any ad playback after 35 seconds of inactivity without the ad exiting either on its own or due to user input, and that, if triggered, GRANTS the player's reward. So all any player need ever do to guaranteeably get the reward is wait 35 seconds, regardless of what the ad does (or doesn't do). They would retain the option to exit sooner, with the reward if the ad had completed playback and otherwise without. Once this failsafe has been thoroughly debugged, you will then roll it out to the entire player base.
Let me know as soon as these things have been done.