I suspect that this is one of the Underground Shots quests. When Mr. Focus says clear debris, he means clear out a slot in the Camp Underground. Took me a week to figure that out when I started playing.
If your question is not related to the info below, post again with the name of the quest.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
MR. FOCUS QUESTS
Some steps depend on the connection type. These steps apply to the PC / Web game, unless otherwise noted.
Underground Shots 1
(1) Go to the camp screen.
(2) Click the ladder to go down to the underground camp.
(3) Click the "dynamite" symbol. [On a mobile device: Tap the "lock" button, then tap the green check mark above the slot.]
(4) Click the "Materials" button. [On a mobile phone: Tap the green checkmark button.]
The slot should now be open.
(5) Click the Inventory button. [Mobile: "backpack" button.]
(6) Click the "Camp equipment" tab.
(7) Click the "Filter" button.
(8) Enable the Regeneration option. Disable the Capacity selection.
[Mobile: touch the green selection option.]
(9) Select the regeneration item from the horizontal row of available regeneration equipment.
(10) Place the camp item in the open slot. [PC / Web: You might need to click again to see the action symbols.]
(11) Click the green check mark.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Underground Shots 2
The only difference is that in steps (8+) you need to use the selection option for (and place) Capacity camp equipment (blue).